12 January 2011

RIKA MAGAZINE

December cover of Rika Magazine, a new mag about models by Rika, a hand-bag company created by designer Ulrika Lundgren. You can also check out their blog here.
Frankly, I'm not *that* into model culture -- what I find interesting about this is the use of photo-on-photo. Last year a lot of my work utilized this effect and this seems to be a perfect example of collective consciousness (if we want to call it that). People in two separate places in the world creating the same type of work independently from one another -- I guess it's responding to the same stimulus in the exact same way, creating a movement of sorts. Too bad the wiki page on collective consciousness doesn't give us much to go on... maybe a good topic for a psychology MA.

Anyway, I like this cover. Image found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment